Home > Contacts > Contact the regulators

Contact the regulators

Environment Agency

Please report incidents that relate to waste management, odour or pollution of local water courses to the 24-hour incident hotline 0800 80 70 60.

For general enquiries, email yorkshireoil&gas@environment-agency.gov.uk and for information on the regulation of Third Energy visit their Third Energy – Kirby Misperton (KM8 well) information page.

North Yorkshire County Council

To report issues relating to compliance with planning conditions including traffic, noise, dust and light pollution, email km8application@northyorks.gov.uk.

Ryedale District Council

Most matters are covered by the Environment Agency and the County Council, however Environmental Health Officers can be contacted at specialistenvironment@ryedale.gov.uk.

Health and Safety Executive

Safety on the drilling site, including well integrity, is regulated by the Health and Safety Executive. Visit their Reporting a workplace health and safety problem page.

Oil and Gas Authority

The Oil and Gas Authority regulate seismic risks from hydraulic fracturing through a traffic light monitoring system. Information relating to their role can be found on their Exploration & production – Onshore page or email oga.correspondence@ogauthority.co.uk.

Public Health England

Public Health England has an advisory role on the potential public health impacts of exposures to chemical and radioactive pollutants as a result of the shale gas extraction process. Email shale.gas@phe.gov.uk.